Monday, September 21, 2009

Quinoa-White Bean Salad



Made a big tupperware of this for the week. It's very simple. 3-4 cups of cooked and cooled quinoa was tossed with red peppers, cucumbers, grated carrot, chopped onions, white beans and tossed in a red wine vinegar-lemon juice-garlic-olive oil dressing. After chilling for a couple hours, it's ready to be enjoyed either on it's own or as a side dish. I'm probably going to enjoy this with a Trader Joe's spinach pizza or a leftover black eyed pea burger or maybe as a sandwich filling inside a pita with lettuce and tomato.

4 comments:

Kamaile said...

Yum that looks so good.

Vic Robinson said...

Quinoa is one of my favorite grains and White Beans are one of my favorite legumes. Great dish!

Oraphan said...

Looks delicious! That sounds like a healthy and easy meal for me. I should make this salad for work sometimes. How long do you usually keep it in the fridge?

kmouse said...

It's best eaten cold so a couple of hours after preparing it is good enough. It tastes better too as the flavors get to blend. As far as storing it, I"m sure it'll be good all week. Don't think mine will last until Friday!